Georgia will be deciding two important Senate races in January. Every person should have a voice in these critical elections and that is why we are running a campaign to help more than 9,000 people register to vote in Georgia before the December 7th deadline. This work is vitally important to ensure a representative electorate.
Locations: Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Macon, and Athens.
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through early December with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 1:30pm - 8:30 pm weekdays, and 10:30 am-5:30 pm on weekends with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Help eligible voters complete registration applications
- Strictly follow the campaign's safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):
- The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate is:
- Charismatic, energetic, and passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Experienced with providing customer service; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing to speak with everyone
- Goal-oriented, determined, motivated and able to see the bigger picture
- Prior canvassing experience is a plus but not required.
Pay: $20/hr for canvassers and $22/hr for Team Leaders plus a weekly bonus for maintaining a full-time schedule. We offer driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan. All team members have the opportunity to bonus up to $150 a week for maintaining a full-time schedule.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Please send an email to Ellen at email@example.com with "Savannah Voter Registration Job" in the title and your best phone number and time to call.