Voter Protection Phone and Text Banker Role Description:
As a Voter Protection Phone Banker or Texter you can have a major impact in multiple ways:
With the Ballot Rescue Team, you will be directly in contact with Georgia voters to help with issues with their Vote By Mail application or ballot for the November election. We are seeking friendly and eager volunteers who are enthusiastic about safe and accessible voting for all Georgians. This opportunity can be completed from the safety of your home and includes recorded trainings, extensive digital materials, and guidance from the Voter Protection Associate, Abbey Meller (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Deputy Director for Ballot Remediation, Alice Huling (email@example.com). Phone banking and texting also has no minimum required time commitment, we will accept as much time as you are able to give to help Georgia voters!
Through our Volunteer Recruitment Virtual Phone Banks you can help recruit the 1,000s of volunteers the Voter Protection Team needs to monitor the polls on Election Day! We still need hundreds more dedicated folks like you to sign up as election day poll watchers so we can cover our priority precincts and ensure a fair election. These virtual phone banks are so much fun because we're calling past volunteers and other motivated Georgia Dems who want to make a difference. By recruiting other volunteers, your work will make an exponential impact on this election!
Phone and text banking can be done from the location of your choosing—perhaps from your home or at an organized event with friends. You do not have to make calls from your personal number, but you will be asked to use your personal phone and/or laptop. The Ballot Rescue Team will provide you with training, a script to follow, and any support or materials that you need.
No previous experience is necessary. This initiative is ongoing and continues throughout the year.
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Job:
• You must have access to a phone and laptop for both text and phone banking
• If you confirm your availability for a shift, you must try your hardest to get through your contact list. For most call and texting campaigns, time is of the essence!
This Job is for You If:
• You have a block of hours you can dedicate during crucial times in the election cycle.
• You want to volunteer from the location of your choosing.
• You want to volunteer alone, with a group of friends, or as an organization.
• You have a customer service mentality and a commitment to helping every caller